Training Dogs Using the Speak Command
Training a dog to speak on command is an entertaining behavior that also helps to build a strong bond between you and your dog. Here are a few tips on how to get your dog to do this trick.
Steps to Follow
- Start by teaching your dog the “command” command. You can either use your own signal or a clicker.
- When you give the command, make sure that you say it clearly and positively.
- Be sure to give a reward each and every time your dog executes the command. This will help reinforce the behavior.
- Once the “command” command has been mastered, you can start adding the “speak” command. Before doing this, it is important to make sure that your dog is comfortable and relaxed.
- When teaching the speak command, you can start by teaching your dog to bark on command by prompting them with a noise or by making hand signals.
- The important thing to remember here is to keep it fun and rewarding. Praise your dog when they start to bark and give your rewards when they do.
- Once your dog has mastered the “speak” command, you can start gradually increasing the difficulty by adding the duration of the bark and eventually the volume.
- Be sure to be patient and consistent with your training and your dog will soon learn the speak command.
By following these steps and being patient with your training, you can have your dog speaking on command in no time. The speak command is a great addition to any dog’s repertoire of tricks, and will help build an even stronger bond between you and your pup.